1 evening cutting out fabric, lining and interfacing and applying interfacing.
1 evening on inner construction and sewing shell of garment.
I reckon I may be finished tomorrow night - I've only got to insert sleeve heads, make the lining and affix lining and facing. Oh, and make the puffy epaulette-y things - they may be a bit of a challenge.
And so far... it is looking like a spiffy little jacket.
(It looks much less crumply round the neck on me than on the dressform).
I guessed at the best way to interface the lapels; structuring them in the same way as a normal lapel (just upside down). I'll see how that goes when I press it.
All of the front and upper back and upper sleeves are interfaced with a light - medium fusible interfacing. The grey areas are iron on bias tape. The white tape is seam tape, stretched a tad. In fact it is probably stretched too much and I may fix that. There is also a bias strip of interfacing across the hem. And, not shown in the picture but I also added a wedge of fusible heavier weight interfacing on the back and front shoulders.
By way of fitting changes I did a narrow shoulder adjustment, narrow back adjustment and added a hem facing. I also made corresponding adjustments to the epaulettes and the upper sleeve top.